It is that time of the year when we start our membership campaign to grow our organization for the New Year. Summit County had its membership kickoff at Dayton Nurseries’ Owl Barn on January 16th, with the campaign continuing through March 31st. I would like to encourage you to join the membership team and sign up your fellow neighbors and those farmers you know who would benefit by belonging to this great organization.
Why join Farm Bureau? If you are not a farmer, that is a good question. Actually there are quite a few benefits. Some of which are:
- Members can receive $500 Bonus Cash on Ford and Lincoln vehicles purchased or leased (contact the FB office for details).
- Receive a 10% discount on items from Grainger.com (Includes free freight).
- Choice Hotels gives 20% off published rack rate (includes; Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites and several others).
- Receive 20% discount at Great Wolf Lodge, nationwide.
- Save 5-25% on daily, weekend and weekly car rental from Avis Rental.
- Save 25% off Budget Car rental rates
- Ohio State Parks Resorts operated by Xanterra Parks and Resorts offer from 10 to 30% discounts.
- Discounts to Cedar Point, Kings Island, Soak City, Castaway Bay, Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay are available.
- Ohio Farm Bureau members receive special access to John Deere’s GreenFleet Loyalty Rewards program, providing members with a free two-year Platinum 2 membership.
Also, be sure to check out the Member Savings Advantage, a discount program with “members-only savings” at restaurants and retailers across Ohio, as well as national brands such as Target, AMC Theaters, Disney and Carnival Cruises. The program also comes with a mobile coupon app, with thousands of offers you can find and redeem right on your phone. Search for My Deals Mobile in the App Store or Google Play. Don’t have a smart phone? This program will also work right from your computer. Just visit https://ofbfmembersavings.enjoymydeals.com/home. The MyDeals app (iOS and Android only) also requires membership verification. Please log in to ofbf.org, access the Member Savings Advantage website and then scroll to the very bottom to locate the Mobile Password needed to set up the app.
There are even more “advantages” for farmers, because Farm Bureau is your champion when it comes to legal matters involving fence line laws, dog issues, energy meetings, easements, utility access issues, CAUV savings, estate tax exposure and providing you direct input on all agricultural issues.
For me, Farm Bureau is “The Voice of Agriculture”. Anyone who eats food should be a member of Farm Bureau. There are several levels of membership available; young active, active or Farm Bureau Supporter. Contact the Summit County Farm Bureau office, 800/654-5158 for membership applications.